Hope House - A Community of Hope
HOPE HOUSE is located at 9215 Hwy 107 in Sherwood, AR.
Hope House is a place for all who seek support and empowerment. Here, we share our stories and discover ourselves in one another and God at work in us all. We open our hearts without condemnation or judging each other. We bear our insecurities, addictions, infidelities and failures. Without fear of envy, we celebrate our triumphs and successes. Bringing our burden bearing, joy-disclosing, service-sharing experiences into His light, we begin to heal, as we reach out to one another and those in the community.
Community Support Groups
Alcoholics Anonymous® is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. AA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy, neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety. Call 835-4141 for directions to Hope House.
- Class Leader: Ralph B. 501- 912-5864
- Groups meet on:
- Sundays at 9:00 am (Came to Believe group) - Hope House Eagle Room
- Monday at 7:00 pm (Open Discussion) - Bus Barn Grande Room
- Tues at 7:00 pm (Closed Book Study) - Bus Barn Grande Room
- Saturday at 5:30 pm (Open Discussion) - Hope House Grace Room
Have you been diagnosed with cancer? Are you currently taking chemo or radiation treatments? Are you a caregiver to a loved one that has cancer? If we can assist you, please meet with us for encouragement and sharing on the 2nd Tuesday evening of each month from 7-8:30 pm in the Family Life Center Reception Room. Call 835-4141 for further information or to talk to a program leader. We also have more information and encouragement on our Facebook Page.
- Class Leaders: Lee and Gwen Beason 835-6875
- Meets on the 2nd Tuesday evening of each month from 7-8:30 pm in the Family Life Center Reception Room.
- Child care NOT provided
GriefShare is a support group that is led by people who understand what you are going through and want to help. You’ll gain access to valuable GriefShare resources to help you recover from your loss and look forward to rebuilding your life. GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone.
We will begin a new 13 week GriefShare grief recovery seminar on Tuesday evenings at the Hope House beginning September 4th.
- Class leaders: John & Karen Snyder
- Tuesday evenings 7-8:30 pm at Hope House
HELPING OTHER PEOPLE ENDURE –
Hope Group is a faith based support group making an effort to ‘Share one another’s burdens’ through God’s Word. We are all broken, but we can find healing in that brokenness when we endure together.
- Class leaders: Gary Hunter 501-835-5720
- Thursday evenings 7-8 pm at Hope House
Moms In Prayer
Moms in Prayer International is:
- Two or more women who meet regularly to pray for their children, their schools, their teachers and administrators.
- Mothers, grandmothers or anyone who is willing to pray for a specific child and school.
- Moms who believe that prayer makes a difference.
- A nonprofit, donation-supported ministry in 130-plus countries.
The Purpose of Moms in Prayer International
- To pray that our children will receive Jesus as Lord and Savior, then stand boldly in their faith.
- To pray for teachers and school staff.
- To pray that teachers, administrative staff, and students would come to faith in Jesus Christ.
- To provide support and encouragement to moms who carry heavy burdens for their children.
- To pray that our schools will be directed by biblical values and high moral standards.
- To be an encouragement and a positive support to our schools.
- Class leaders: Robin Hill & Britney Finley
- Sunday Morning at 7:40am in the church library
- Tuesday Morning at 9am at the Hope House (while school is in session)
Morning Bible Devotionals
- Early Morning Men's Devotional
Tuesday mornings at 7:30 in the Bus Barn Grande Room.
- Ladies Bible Devotional
Tuesday mornings at 10:00 in the Family Center-Reception Room.